AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Road nearly impassable with a car.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 4/30/2016 16:53 (#5274085)
Subject: Road nearly impassable with a car.

Washington Co Ks
There is an outfit that has a very large hog operation that bought a farm a couple of miles from us. They are now in the process of constructing a large hog building. It has been raining and the contractor is working through the rain. A couple of weeks ago when I went by there were seven concrete trucks lined up and I don't know how many I met once I got to the highway. When I came home a couple of hours later there were five trucks there with one parked in the middle of the road. I have no idea how many loads of concrete they poured that day. Needless to say they are not doing the road any good. That day it was dry but they have poured several days after a rain the night before. They are also hauling in semi loads of material for the building. Someone stopped last night and said they they had come through there and had bottomed out with an Explorer. I was sure that the township guys wouldn't do anything and the county was closed for the day so I reported it to the sheriff's office. Today when I went that way with my pickup the worst spot was barricaded. They are working today and are unloading trucks on the road and parking on the road. The workers have out of state tags so they don't care about our roads. Since it is a public road I don't suppose that the township can make they pay to fix the road but if they wanted to be stinkers they could report that someone is parking in the road. I doubt that the extra tax money will cover the cost of maintaining the road once the building is in operation. Have any of you dealt with this kind of situation?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)