AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Road nearly impassable with a car.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 5/1/2016 07:38 (#5275064 - in reply to #5274654)
Subject: RE: Road nearly impassable with a car.

Sanilac Co. Michigan
OntarioCanuck - 4/30/2016 21:36

We vote our councillors in and they set the tax rate.

I do remember an old man coming around asking my father to support him in council and he would keep the taxes down.
By the time we were buying property almost all the bridges in our township needed replaced because councillors like him kept the taxes down.

We have new bridges and good roads now and our taxes keep them that way so the economy can function with modern trucks and cars.
County taxes are also applied to property and the county roads are as good as the highway system.

Well, this is a whole different system in a whole different country. Question, are your townships 6x6 miles square with pretty much each and every section (square mile) surrounded on all four sides by gravel/dirt roads? That's a lot of road, don't you think?

If we tried to have one yutz that would be elected to levy taxes for that purpose, it's likely folks would have him pulled apart by horses before he could be turned out of office!

Can't say I'm familiar with all of Ontario, but in my limited travels I haven't noticed a whole lot of single family homes out in the country. Probably a zoning thing, but we're not that restrictive on peoples property rights. Lots of old homes as well as newer scattered up and down these roads, so closing them isn't a viable option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)