AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Road nearly impassable with a car.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SWMOWHEATFARMER
Posted 5/1/2016 07:56 (#5275110 - in reply to #5274201)
Subject: RE: Stormwatcher

SW MO
Stormwatcher - 4/30/2016 18:09

farmer45 - 4/30/2016 17:32

I know and as I said it is a public road. I just wonder what the future holds for our road system. The townships are struggling and so is the county and even the state is out of money. Our roads haven't kept up with the times. They just aren't able to stand up to the loads that we haul today. At the same time we hate to pay more taxes. I don't know what the answer is. It is a little frustrating when out of the area people buy up land and aren't very neighborly.

The same here..Our townships just don't have enough money to take proper care of the roads....They do the best they can with what little they have...Theres just so much semi traffic that we didn't have 20 years ago..

Stormwatcher, I don't know what county you are in, but the worst thing that ever happened here in Lawrence County was paving all of our county roads with chip and seal. My grandpa was recently on the road district board. He said that to re chip and seal just one mile of pavement, it cost 16,000 dollars. All of our roads are going to crap. I want them to take the dozer and push them all up and put back white rock or dirt. Since paving, we have narrower roads and more pot holes and it costs more. They would do themselves a favor to put it back to gravel or dirt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)