AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Evidence of God (cont. post from below)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

NoDakFarmer
Posted 10/30/2014 21:12 (#4152785)
Subject: Evidence of God (cont. post from below)

SE ND
After reading the other post on evidence of God. I took a few minutes to see how God would make himself know (evident) to those who do not know Him. After thinking about it shortly, it hit me...I see the work of a creator in my one year old daughter. How a beautiful little child could not be seen as a gift made by a perfect God is beyond me. There are so many other examples of how God makes himself known. Such as; the beauty of nature, smells, sight, and to me one of the most amazing is the sound of music.

My mother was a chaplain who worked with people who had very hard lives . These people were often abused, neglected, violent, or had diabilities. I often asked her how she was able to get to befriend so many of the people whom others couldn't get close to relationally. Her response was that people need someone to listen to their story. By not pushing them to trust in a God whom they felt let them down they were able to see how much He loved them.

I have tried to learn from her experience and I now make an honest effort to listen to people who want to talk. After all is said and done I feel like I learn more that way than by talking about myself.

Edited by NoDakFarmer 10/30/2014 21:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)