AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Acres per foot of planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

supertiquer
Posted 5/9/2021 18:16 (#8996391 - in reply to #8994700)
Subject: RE: Acres per foot of planter

central, Il.
HoRFarms - 5/8/2021 21:04

I started at 96ac/ft. I had no life, was in a planter from April 1-July 15, 7 days a week unless it rained me out.

I realised my personal life has monetary value so I upgraded to 60ac/ft. That probably would have been a decent fit but we had two years of miserable planting conditions and crops suffered due to planting date.

So again, i realised getting the crop in timely even in adverse conditions had monetary value. So this year i went to 34ac/ft. Our start was 2-3weeks later than usual and im still ahead of schedule on beans, behind a bit on corn. But i will finish overall way ahead, crops with great emergence, with more free time for maintenance and family.

96 acres per foot? WOW!!! I bet you didn't have a life!!!!!! I think the most I was ever at was 34. At that time I was doing 80% of the tillage and spraying ahead of the planter. Had some hired help in the evenings and weekends and that was about it. I was alot younger then also. Now I am at 23. And depending on the year, it's still a challenge.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)