AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealer Rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

johnypop
Posted 5/5/2021 20:12 (#8989214 - in reply to #8988441)
Subject: RE: Dealer Rant

ND

Coastal - 5/4/2021 21:08 Purchased a 9330 4wd from a dealer last month for a specified price and the shipping was quoted at $3,900. The problem is that the Dealer underestimated the weight of the load at 35000 lbs to the broker. A carrier, capable of transporting 35,500lbs was brokered to transport the load. However, after loading and scaling the load, including removed duals was ~ 38,000lbs and the carrier had to remove the duals back at the dealers lot, to which the dealer shipped LTL. The problem now is that the dealer if sending me bill for the LTL a month later. So, the question is, who is liable for the LTL? We have a purchase agreement, that specifies list the tractor price and says that the buyer pays shipping. However, in the same email that contained the Purchase agreement there is an attached invoice with S/N listing the Tractor price and the Shipping Price for a total price. And the total price was also listed in the body of the email. I know where I stand on this. But was curious to others thoughts. (Also let it be known that I didnt know anything about the LTL until informed by the driver when the tractor arrived.)

A respectable dealer would deliver it as part of the purchase and you would not have to be on a public forum complaining.  Dealer would drop it off and be on his way and no surprises.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)