AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So my friend's elderly mom, early 90s. . .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sand85
Posted 3/29/2021 08:12 (#8922512 - in reply to #8922285)
Subject: RE: How science works

C IL

Dave and I have radically different perspectives on the issue of religion (the why, or what he might call philosophy).  And I am aware of the irony of my post which follows:

This reply is not in any way germane to our science conversation above but an acceptance of your clear diversion into the arena of belief, for which the debate of science vs religion has continued for time immemorial.  In other words, I accept your change of topic into something you believe you can ‘win’, as distasteful as it is when fellow Christians who have the ability to know better seek to avoid reason and reality with really, really blind faith (I don’t need medicine, God will provide ... which he does, in the form of a doctor and medicine and so much more).

As the timing is impeccable here during the Holy Week, I’ll leave you with this: I urge you to consider whether your willful blindness to the free will and reason we are blessed with is a true act of humility and a glorification of God through your talents, or an act of intellectual sloth or deliberate malice or simple hubris like into that of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Go in peace, and consider that these divisive topics (what Congress does, whether the earth is warming or cooling or hurtling into a black hole), are not generally worth anger and incitement to social division in our faith.  Ours is a personal and community walk and a call to share the Good News.

Edited by sand85 3/29/2021 08:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)