AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So my friend's elderly mom, early 90s. . .
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 3/26/2021 07:21 (#8916525 - in reply to #8915831)
Subject: RE: So my friend's elderly mom, early 90s. . .

North Central Illinois
I pretty much agree with what you are saying. The vaccine is pushing us closer to herd immunity much quicker than without it. The people who have been screaming about the virus being a hoax for the past year are the same ones who are against the vaccine. Go figure. I think the vaccine should absolutely be a personal choice. If someone doesn't want to get it, fine. We will soon have enough people vaccinated along with those who have been infected to get us to herd immunity. The quicker we get to herd immunity the less vulnerable we will be to different strains and mutations of the virus. Is there risk involved with the vaccine? There is risk involved with anything. I look at it this way. I personally know close to a dozen people who have died from the virus or complications from the virus. Some of those had pre existing conditions that made them much more susceptible to the virus. Should those deaths not be counted? I can't answer that. Unfortunately, several of those I know who died had no pre existing conditions. We have a 56 year old neighbor who is lean and overall pretty healthy except for being a smoker, who has been on a ventilator for close to three weeks. I haven't heard any updates lately but it doesn't sound good. I know a lot more people who have been vaccinated than have had the virus and I don't personally know anyone who has become sick and died as a result of the vaccine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)