AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YouTube Farmers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 2/22/2021 06:15 (#8850289 - in reply to #8850168)
Subject: RE: YouTube Farmers.

Nw Iowa
He is alittle goofy but it looks like a pretty typical family operation. I bet you it is not half as easy as you think. Holding a camera while You work and than editing everything, trying to make it entertaining enough to get people to watch. Takes time, a bit of a gift and being a entrepreneur. The world is changing and these young guys have found away to provide some additional income and support current or future family’s on the farm. I certainly don’t see them doing it off the backs of farmers and I don’t think any of them have portray that they own all kinds of land. I enjoy watching some of them once in awhile. If you want to watch one were they are working watch “ farming, fixing and fabricating” Large dairy that they have major repairs every day. Makes me look pretty lazy. A lot of young people coming back to farm don’t have secondary job opportunities that I had or my generation had in some of these small towns. I grew up close to a town of 1000 that had at one time 2 or 3 car dealers, 3 implement dealers, 2 lumber yards, 1000’s of cattle in the area etc. They are all gone. I applaud those operating a business in any rural town but it is tough. Looks like these guys found away to stay at home. I don’t know if it is advancing ag tremendously but I don’t see many negatives and for many city people it is as close to a farm as they will ever get.
I don’t really like what internet has done to our values, destroyed small businesses and has made political divide much deeper but here I am typing on a iPad to people I don’t know at 6 in the morning so I am as guilty as next. The world continues to change

Edited by jdironman 2/22/2021 06:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)