AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YouTube Farmers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pumpmanAl
Posted 2/22/2021 11:29 (#8850897 - in reply to #8849783)
Subject: RE: YouTube Farmers.

lake Michigan shore line/Mason county
Everyone is different, all areas are not the same. The way I farm would be total wrong half a state away. If these young guys film what they do what's it to anyone else? If they make a buck, or get some kind of perk from a Equipment Manufacture more power to them. Least they are doing something, They could be home collecting welfare checks. Everyone does something they enjoy. Some farmers like to drink, some hunt n fish, some like to chase married women, these young folks like to make videos. As for "REAL FARMERS", how does the amount of land or equipment have anything to do with anything? I am just a small potato, but every inch of land I use, every piece of worn out iron I have, and every sickly broke back animal on this mud hole farm is paid for, and done without ANY government free money. I feel I can call myself a Farmer. Before any of us talk smack about someone else look in the mirror. Did you get where you are by hard work and good financial planning, or by standing at the end of the driveway waiting for the mail man to drop off the next Gov check? My hats off to anyone who can bring in a buck from outside the farm and help keep their dream alive. If size mattered, If you have to be big to survive why didn't the dinosaurs make it? I know a lot of old guys who were very good at what they did. Because of circumstances beyond their control they have no land or machinery. Most have forgotten more than I will ever know. Do we strip away their title because of lack of possessions? To me they are still FARMERS. There is so few of us left, why throw stones at someone who doesn't do it just like you do in your neighborhood? Al
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)