AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YouTube Farmers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

mndirtfarmer73
Posted 2/24/2021 08:30 (#8854787 - in reply to #8849682)
Subject: RE: YouTube Farmers.

I can't speak for myself but I will say that I've met several of the "YouTube farmers" and almost every one of them seem to be the exact same person they are behind the camera. I can say for sure that the Welkers are great people, and I would assume are highly respected in their community. I live about 1 hour from the Larsons and was at their farm a couple weeks ago. Same deal. They're great people who found a creative way to make a side income while also showing interested people what goes on behind the scenes of a real family farm. Brian Brown, Cole the Cornstar, Meredith (This Farm Wife), Ryan (How Farms Work, Tara Beaver, Trevor Bales, the NY Farm Girls, all of them. They are all real farmers in their own ways, the same as we all are. It doesn't matter to me, or any of them, how many acres someone farms, or owns, or how new your equipment is. We're all just showing the world what we have going on.

One of my favorite things to do is tour other farms and show other sides of agriculture on my channel. I've been able to tour multiple dairy operations, a turkey farm, a large hay operation, an ethanol plant, a drain tile business, etc. The unfortunate part is that I'm so busy on our own farm that I don't get many opportunities to do those types of videos.

I appreciate the support from the majority here. As for Jericho, he's just upset that he can't manage his own time well enough to have a side gig. If you don't like watching the Millennial Farmer, there are a ton of other great channels out there, I suggest you give them a try. You'll find some you really enjoy.

Zach Johnson
The farmer, not the golfer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)