AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

YouTube Farmers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

corndawg23
Posted 2/22/2021 06:50 (#8850332 - in reply to #8850006)
Subject: RE: YouTube Farmers.

Bluford, Illinois
jericho - 2/21/2021 21:33

I bet most of them don’t have 500 owned acres to their name let alone thousands of acres owned to their name.

as for educating city people. Good one. They enjoyed it as entertainment. It won’t change their prejudice in a positive way to help protect Ag. And they are not important with regard to policy. So again I say. They are not educating anyone of importance.

Like I said they are making money off other farmers backs.

You’re kidding right? You most be real popular in your neighborhood. I hope you woke up on the right side of bed this morning, cause surely that’s not how you act everyday. So you are saying you’re not a real farmer if you don’t own a thousand acres to your name, or at least 500? You’re saying you’re not a real farmer if 100% of the money they make isn’t generated directly by their farm. Wow. I hope you and anyone you know doesn’t sell seed on the side, do any “for hire” trucking, custom planting/harvesting, or any type of repair work.. cause if they do that they're not real farmers.

Cole the Cornstar is 22. Zach the Millennial farmer is in his 30’s. If I had to guess you’re right, they don’t own 1000’s of acres.. but neither do I.

I’m 20 years old, and only farm about 400 acres but growing. I’m still in college, finishing up my bachelors degree.. but I don’t own 500 acres, sure as hell don’t own 1,000 plus. I guess I don’t have a right to tell people I farm though.. right? Wait, I’ve also worked for an Ag Retailer the past two years spreading fertilizer.. so I guess that’s income that wasn’t made directly by my “small”, “unimportant”, or “insignificant” farm so once again I’m not a real farmer. I might as well give up now, and let a big guy like you handle it.

“As for educating city people”. You’re part of the problem. Do you know how many generations people are removed from the farm? It’s not just city people. The world has no clue. Go down to your neighbors house, and tell me how knowledgeable they are on production agriculture. At least these guys on YouTube are walking people through their daily lives, showing them what they do, and how they do it. They show them everything. From spraying burn down, to side-dressing, drying corn, and working on equipment. These guys show the good, bad, and ugly. If you don’t like that the Millennial Farmer has “nice, and new” equipment because you’re jealous, go watch someone else. Well wait, you’re not jealous of him.. you’re a real farmer who owns 1000’s of acres. But the point is, they show everyone that farming isn’t the stereotypical “1940’s straw hat, bib wearing, napping under a tree” farming. The world has no respect for farming, and these “phony” farmers are trying to change that. Who cares if they make a profit from it as well, good for them. Tell me what you do to promote Agriculture? What have you ever done? If you have a problem with the way they do it, get off your computer and do it your own way.. the right way (and free of course). I’m surprised a real farmer like you even have the time to post on a web forum like NAT.

When I served as a State Officer for Illinois FFA, the Illinois Corn Growers Association sponsored a trip to DC. We were able to meet with Senators, and Representatives and discuss key issues with them. One of the senators I had the opportunity to speak with had good intentions going into the meeting, and had his Ag Advisor with him. His Ag Advisor admitted to the fact that he didn’t know what the difference between corn and beans growing were. He’s an AG ADVISOR, for a senator. Our legislators. They don’t know. They’re affecting farmers life’s.. and have no clue how. I’m glad I didn’t walk in and instantly start telling those people that they weren’t people of any importance, and that they weren’t worth my time.. because they could’ve treated me the same way.

But, that’s just my opinion, from a 20 year old college student, & wanna be farmer.

Zach, Cole, Ivers’, and Larson’s.. if you see this keep it up.

Edited by corndawg23 2/22/2021 06:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)