AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for guidance making Ag Leader progression plan.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/3/2021 12:46 (#8804079 - in reply to #8803961)
Subject: RE: Link to Display Comparison .pdf

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
lilnotts - 2/3/2021 11:42

So basically as I see it, I can log application with what I already have and adding a couple of sensors/switches.

For the planter to run a STMM I could use my insight just for pop. monitoring or have to upgrade to a integra or 1200 to get full advanced seed monitoring. It seems like if I had clutches on it I could use a clutch control module with my versa.

The sprayer would need a liquid module and the cables mentioned in the above post. It looks like i would need a boom relay module as well or could I just make my own box with a few relays in it as i'm only 3 section?

The spreader would need the spreader spinner module, this would monitor the speed of the spinners and chain as well as control the chain speed with the correct vavle added. Currently it is ground drive with an arm that hydraulically raises and lowers to engage the chain, it doesn't look like the SSM would control that if I added a valve. Is there a module I could do that with? Clutch module perhaps?

Also looks like for all of the above(minus STMM) I would have to get some sort of switchbox(old or new style) as well.

Concerning the relay module for a sprayer. This will depend of what type of section valves you use. The Liquid Product Control Module can work directly with smaller solenoid valves although I discourage the use of them and many electric ball valves. Many electric ball valves have an internal circuit board and relay to handle the polarity reversing necessary to run the valve OPEN or CLOSED. Those valves have 3 wires going to them. Constant Hot (12V), Constant Ground and a trigger wire that runs the internal relay. Some other electric ball valves do not include an internal relay and externally a pair of wires of opposite polarity must be provided out of a DPDT switch or a relay. The Liquid Module can control a DPDT relay where the outputs are wired in a Criss-Cross pattern so when the relay is at rest one polarity gets to the motor in the valve and it runs until it hits a limit switch. When the relay is activated, the output polarity from the relay is reversed and the motor runs in the other direction until that limit switch is reached.

As far as the spinner/spreader, the ground drive is replaced with a hydraulic drive. A pair of hoses would come from a tractor remote, one hose would go through a control valve. The output from the valve would go to an orbit motor which turns the chain. The outlet from the motor returns back to the tractor. With the switch off, no oil flows to the motor and it stops. With the switch on, oil flows and the bed turns. A shaft sensor is installed on the front idler of the bed. This give the system the speed of the bed from which it can determine the amount of fertilizer going out the back with a fixed gate setting. The system computes the applied rate/acre and compares that with your target rate and adjust the oil flow to get them to agree. There would be no arm to raise or lower for the ground drive since the bed would be driven via the hydraulic system.

I guess it might be possible to use the Clutch Module on the spreader to raise/lower the arm but I don't think that would be worthwhile and certainly not approved by Ag Leader.

Otherwise it seems like you have a good grasp of what is needed for the various situations.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2021 12:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)