AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for guidance making Ag Leader progression plan.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lilnotts
Posted 1/27/2021 15:48 (#8786770)
Subject: Looking for guidance making Ag Leader progression plan.

I am currently running an Insight in the combine just for yield monitoring and have a Versa/Ontrac 2+ in one tractor for spraying & dry spreading. Currently logging is only done with the autosteer engagement. I have picked up an application rate module so I could at least tee into the flow meter on the sprayer and add an implement switch on the spreader to improve my mapping to show what was actually applied. Eventually it would be nice to have everything controlled by the monitor but I only run a small operation so I have to make those type of improvements in steps. I've been patient and able to find some deals on equipment(just picked up another versa w/autoswath and ontrac2+ to put in the combine) so I would like to know exactly what I need for the future so I can watch for them. For the equipment I am looking at slowly automating over time, I have this current plan but I want to make sure I am on the right path and just buy the right parts the first time.

Sprayer: Hardi with the basic 2500 controller, only 3 section and no ISO on it. I'm thinking I will need a Liquid Product Control module and a custom cable as I don't see any for Hardi. Do I need the Hardi unlock with this as well? My flow control valve is 2 wire and reverses polarity to open and close it, would this work directly with the LPCM or do I need to add relays for that?

Dry Spreader - Uses a single hydraulic cylinder to enable drive wheel operation, everything else is manual. I'm assuming I can put an electric valve on it and control it but unsure which module? If I ever added hydraulic drive to it what module would I need to control variable rate?

Planter - JD 7300 with Agritronix M3 monitor(which apparently can be wired JD style or DJ, not sure which I have yet). For monitoring I'm guessing just a Seed Tube Monitor Module with the correct harness to whichever style I have. Can I use the STMM with a Versa for population? I know i need an Integra for the advanced seed with corn(don't believe it works with soybeans).

Is there anything I'm missing or a different way of accomplishing this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)