AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Health Care Costs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/29/2021 09:54 (#8791352 - in reply to #8790514)
Subject: RE: the elephant in the room nobody is talking about.......

Pittsburg, Kansas

"The conducted study had no human participants."

"It was found that all four diet plans failed to deliver 100% sufficiency for the selected 27 essential micronutrients, based on RDI guidelines, when followed as recommended by their suggested daily menus using whole food alone."

Not sure how close the Adkins diet follows with a ketogenic diet. Not sure the RDI guidelines for micronutrients are all that accurate. Might be relevant, might not. Most on keto do not limit caloric intake, we eat all we want. So if they were basing their intake of micronutrients on a given caloric intake it might not reflect what is happening in actual practice. A calorie is not simply a calorie because hormone changes (ie insulin and glucagon) changes the rate of our metabolism and changes the rate at which we burn calories. So a 2000 calorie ketogenic diet tends to burn "hotter" than a 2000 calorie traditional diet because of the different hormone response. If I recall correctly from research around 300 calories per day. So what people actually eat and the amount they eat may vary significantly from what the researchers used.

Not enough info to cause me to want to change my diet.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)