AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on flat grain storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 1/14/2021 06:56 (#8749794 - in reply to #8749158)
Subject: RE: Update on flat grain storage

Kieth, VERY IMPRESSIVE, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!!!

I been tossing this around for about 5 years now.

Some questions if you have time :

Was this corn dried before dumping in the building ?
This is my dilema, If I get a drier, how can I get the corn cooled down before dumping in the building.... ? without a holding bin ?

I have an idea of using a trough like yours, but instead have removable solid covers the whole length and replace with grates as the pile was hauled out. Thinking that I would not have to push as much grain to the individual holes like you have... ?????

I been thinking concrete walls, like 4 ft, but I like your idea of adding to the building size, What if a guy added another post in between your existing posts , then added 1 sheet of plywood as a band on the lower perimeter...or,,,,,what if a guy buried steel posts in between the building posts, to help with the load, then only pour like a 1 or 2 ft concrete wall. I am thinking this might help with rodent prevention ???

Another idea I had, say I would like to dump a third of the building with beans, and the rest corn, I thought of using precast blocks that I could set and make a temporary wall and it would still be moveable....

I really like the outside sump idea, but worry about water and debris collecting in the off season when not in use....any problems ? would you change anything ?
I guess I had an idea of like a 45 or 60 degree loadout.. ?????

I really like this setup .

Thanks for posting...both times.

Rog

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)