AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update on flat grain storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Lizton farmer
Posted 1/14/2021 08:22 (#8750005 - in reply to #8749794)
Subject: RE: Update on flat grain storage

lizton IN
I didn't dry anything the corn went in at 16%. On thing i want to do is make more of the fans to put in the pile for more air flow. I am thinking anything under 18 i will dump in the barn. And just let the fans run. They will not dry much but the corn will stay good. Then I will get it out in Dec. Morton does offer a grain package for there barns. They split the middles with another post and I think rafter to hold the post. Then go around the bottom with 3/4" plywood. (I'm working off of 10 year old memory so I could be off on this) and that lets you go up 4-5' on the walls. One thing to think about when you go up on the wall if you are filling with an auger you will cover the axle and will dig it out or make a wall or put a spout on the end of the auger. The spout is a great idea but it hangs down some so you loose some height. If you make a way to turn it then that would let you fill the barn better.
I was able to put the barn on a small hill that let me get surface drainage out. So water doesn't stand around anything.(need to do some finish grading next summer) This also let me have a flat lode out auger.
I don't see any changes that I could make. I would like to have a belt to move the corn instead of the auger but that setup was way out of my price range.

Keith
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)