AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ride in the desert
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 1/6/2021 10:28 (#8727134 - in reply to #8726013)
Subject: RE: Ride in the desert

Enjoyed the pictures and report, John. That sounds like a great place to be right about now. I remember stopping in Phoenix when I packed up into a 62 Ford pickup with a shell on the back that held everything I owned, including a big Triumph. I knew I had to get out of the Bay Area. My friend in Phoenix had a 500 Triumph set up for off road. I followed him on my big one - but mine was set up for road racing. It ran really good once I hit 3500 rpm, so it was a difficult bike to ride across the desert. I kept up pretty good, but once coming out of a dry wash I got a bit off and couldn't use power - came down on the front wheel. I kept it up on the front wheel for a bit, but then dumped it right into a cactus. Pulled my pants down and spent about a half-hour picking cactus out of my leg.

Had a very enjoyable few days there before continuing on. Beautiful place to ride. At that time, we rode just a very short ways and we were into the desert.

Thanks for the pictures. I'm tempted to pull our trailer down there, but i'm guessing the sites are pretty full this winter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)