AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ride in the desert
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/6/2021 07:53 (#8726633 - in reply to #8726604)
Subject: RE: See any single seat ATVs?

Pittsburg, Kansas
See everything. Jeeps, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, Rangers, etc. Not all trails are suitable for all vehicles though.

But the vast majority are RZR's or the equivelent model of Can-Am, Kawasaki, etc.

I would estimate 3-4 out of 5 vehicles out there that I see are Polaris RZR's.

I thought about just bringing our Polaris Ranger XP1000 down. It would work on a lot of the trails for some casual riding but if a person were to do a lot of it not having good seats and suspension would beat a person to death if trying to keep up with the RZR's. If a person just went on a casual stroll not too fast and not covering huge distances they would be able to do it just fine. But if trying to do any serious trail riding very soon both the rider AND the vehicle would be beat up badly.

An example are the rocks on the trails. You can round a corner and there will be a foot diameter rock in the middle of the trail. Well with a RZR or our General just straddle it and go over the top. If you happen to hit a dip at the dame time and the shocks lower may hear a thump on the skid plate, but you just go on. Rangers have pretty good clearance, but smack that rock going 20 mph with a Ranger and you probably are going to be on foot or limping back home from a broken A arm. The machines that are made for off roading are just built heavier and have more protection for critical components. A reasonable rider that does not mind going slower and more careful and does not try to climb the worst trails could ride along fine with something like a Ranger. I see people doing it. But if covering distances at speed or hard riding I just don't think they would hold up very long.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/6/2021 08:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)