AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ride in the desert
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/6/2021 06:24 (#8726348 - in reply to #8726098)
Subject: RE: Ride in the desert

Pittsburg, Kansas
Ed and Dave are both great tour guides. I really appreciate their help getting us started. It is a little bit bewildering getting here not knowing anything and with thousands of trails. Carolynn and I are completely new to off roading, let alone off roading in the Arizona desert.

Man I am glad I got a machine with a GPS. I would be soooo lost out here without it. One cactus looks like the next and nothing is in straight lines. Being lost in the desert is NOT a good thing.

Getting the hang of it enough now I can sometimes take my eyes off the road and the rocks to dodge to look around while driving. Ed and Dave are like 20 year olds out here, so used to the trails they can just leave me in nothing flat. I drive like a grandma and hold them up. But they have been very patient and I appreciate that.

I was asking Ed about speed and he said one stretch was a 30 mph section. I was doing 20 and that was plenty fast for me. When CB and I go out alone about 12-15 is more likely but we kind of take a more nature stroll rather than a performance machine ride.

Another thing is every trail is new to us. For them some of the nearby trails they have been on so many times they just use them to get to a more distant trail so they speed along. It is still a new discovery for us so we don't get in a hurry. I suppose after several thousand miles we might speed it up a little too.

It has been a good experience so far. No fatalities anyway. Butt puckered up more than once though in some of the hair pin turns in the mountains. Amazing what the machines will do. I think we were out about 6 hours or a little better the last ride with Dave. Man was I beat the next day. You would not think just riding around would be that tiring.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/6/2021 06:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)