AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm house renters. You just can't help people anymore without getting kicked& taken advantage of!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

SweetHomeAlabama
Posted 12/27/2020 16:11 (#8701320 - in reply to #8700940)
Subject: RE: Farm house renters. You just can't help people anymore without getting kicked& taken advantage

This 10 acres isn't good for row cropping. Only use land cloud be is livestock or hay. House is good other than some repairs needed which i can see feasible to do. Yes i have dealt with the headaches, sob stories, late payment to even no payment plus damages from lowlife renters. .However its been a good investment and made money through the years. Overall the current renter of almost 5 yrs has been good but becoming a problem now. Wish some other renters in past would have been that good.

Originally it was a 112 acre cattle farm that got sold to out of town investors who bought up land and divided in small acreage mini farms lots back in the 90s when real estate got into a economic boom land prices skyrocket. Investors were a bunch of crooks I come to learn on another farm that they bought joining my cousins farm. He had tried to buy the farm from the original owner who bought some farms in county run cattle on them for awhile then sell. He had owned the farm about 7 years didn't want to sell at the time but if he did it take X dollars to get it. He had already had offers for it but didnt want to sell. As the last conversation was he was asking my cousin about a well at the old home site on the property he was thinking about moving a mobile home on the property and staying on the place some. My cousin told him the well was good to his knowledge. Conversation ended if you change your mind about selling the farm let me know. OK the owner said that was last of conversation. About 1 year later real estate signs go up on property come to find out he had done sold property and it was being divided up. My cousin was devastated what was happening he and the owner had been on good terms my cousin was neighborly give the owner a hand when in need let him use his shop if his equipment broke down , got cows in when out fixed the fence contacted owner when he saw a problem. Then my cousin got raked over the coals buying what land he could from the shady crooked real estate investors and dealing with some new land owners that were jackasses and nightmare to have for neighbors. All because originally owner would not be give him opportunity to buy.

Edited by SweetHomeAlabama 12/27/2020 16:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)