AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massey VT transmission... teach me!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

The Pretender
Posted 10/18/2020 11:56 (#8551656 - in reply to #8551577)
Subject: RE: Massey VT transmission... teach me!

The Internet

Massey1135 and the other guy who's an Agco salesman will be along in a minute to put you, and probably me, right.

I'm pretty sure it's hydro mechanical ratio is exactly the same whether it's going forward or backward, it's not something I've given any thought to. It's a very robust transmission and oh so smooth as you are finding out. All transmissions and tractors have many controllers on them now, but the bit it's (the AgcoCVT) is so simple, there isn't much on it to go wrong. The only thing to remember is to do you field work in low range. My 7618 is on the drill at the moment and I've got the engine on its knees (which it needs)  and she's just cruising up and down the field no bother at all.

If you can, use the DTM and let i decide what mix of engine revs and transmission revs to give you requested speed.

If it gets electronically disabled, there;s a big, metal handle inde the rear window frame that can be used to manually control the transmission. It might be a bit tiresome for a whole day, so I assume it's there to get you out of trouble.

That little 4 cylinder engine is a beauty! I had  6740 for a summer in 2012, which wasn't available in the USA. They had the same engine and I was astonished by the sheer guts it had. I was running it along side my 7480 and a New Holland 8340 and it was the best of the 3 tractors.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)