AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Medical Shares...beware ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 9/27/2020 07:35 (#8517118 - in reply to #8516400)
Subject: RE: Medical Shares...beware ?

northeastern Ohio
Every share group is different. Some pay the bills for you and others require you to pay it first.

I am with CHM and they require me to pay it first. I knew this when I signed up. I have to do some research and negotiating BEFORE having any medical procedures. This keeps the costs down for everyone and therefore CHM has lower monthly gift requirements than anyone else. If you don't like to negotiate and research, then CHM is probably not for you.

Here is an example of how my first "claim" with CHM went. I went to the ER and had a CT scan for a blood clot in my arm. I negotiated the hospital bill down 30%. The ER doctor billed me separately and I negotiated his bill down 80%. Radiology department would only go down 20%. I paid all these bills out of pocket. I then sent copies of these bills to CHM with proof of payment. 90 days later I received a check from CHM.

So the initial treatment was covered by CHM. I then had a followup with my doctor. He wanted to do a lot of tests to find the reason I had the blood clot. This included a consultation with a hematologist and a lot of blood work. CHM covered the consultation, but not the blood work.

They didn't cover the prescription either because I was not a Gold member ( I knew this when I signed up). Local pharmacy wanted $500 for a month supply of pills. GoodRX coupon reduced that down to $450. I went online and found a Canadian pharmacy that would deliver the same drug for a total of $70.

My brother is also with CHM. Broke his wrist in 12 places and the hospital wanted $20k to put it back together (plate, screws, ect). He negotiated the price down to $12k IF he paid upfront. He paid it upfront and CHM sent him a check 90 days later. The hospital also offered to "finance" the procedure at $1000 per month for 36 months.......... WOW!!!!!!!!! what a ripoff if he fell for that one.

So the sharing system works. But you need to have some cash on hand to take advantage of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)