AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Broiler operators litter leveling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

kgbarnett22
Posted 9/8/2020 08:42 (#8482507 - in reply to #8482250)
Subject: RE: Broiler operators litter leveling

NE Indiana
Still trying to come up with the best solution, going on about 40 compost cycles between 2 barns so far and haven't found anything I really like. This last time I put feet on the windrower itself, set it to the depth I wanted then just windrowed it back to the wall and then worked my way across the barn to the other wall. that worked ok but when I got to the other wall I had a windrow about 2' tall still so had to set feet deeper and went back the other way. Next time im goin to put adjustable feet on a 10' pull type box blade, I had a skidsteer mounted box blade with feet on it the first several times I did it and so far that is what I have liked best. As long as the water lines and feed lines are leveled to the clay floor they will be correct once you level out the litter with something that rides on the floor. In my mind the best thing would be an auger like a grain table auger but with flighting that only goes 1 way rigged up so it is skidloader mounted and has adjustable feet to ride on the clay, with the auger you could run it either way to kick litter one way or the other to fill the low spots as you work down the barn. Also I have found that 3 small windrows are much better the 2 larger ones as far as leveling out in the end. Then when we haul litter out we just pick a windrow and take the whole thing out. Downside to this is it gets pretty hard to get litter moved back around the barn to make the depth even again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)