AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Swmnag if at any point
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 9/3/2020 10:49 (#8473907 - in reply to #8473880)
Subject: RE: Better then expected is starting early

Pierce county WI
Combination of things. This year was like a high performance engine. It can be really good, but if anything gets out of tune, it's finicky. I swung for the fence on the best ground, the poorer stuff got taken care of, but taking care of wasn't enough. Home farm has deep topsoil, 50+ years of dairy farming, and has drainage. That farm up the road has some lighter soil, but has some drainage problems in spots.
Everything got planted early in dust, which is a good thing for us here. Home farm got starter in furrow. Conditions looked great, thought it was a waste, saved the rest for no till. Then it turned cold. Starter did end up helping. A little dryer is usually good for us, well then we had massive flooding rains. Then it turned dry. So mineralization wasn't that good. What should have been enough this year wasn't. Where I poured the coals to it, seems to be enough. The COC around here looks bad. Even the good corn lost yield. I have blacklayered places in the same field as half milk line.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)