AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pushy Sales People....What is your reaction?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 9/2/2020 13:39 (#8472110 - in reply to #8470583)
Subject: RE: Pushy Sales People....What is your reaction?

KY

Very few salespeople on vehicle lots are around very long it seems, not in the same place anyway.  I assume most make the biggest spread of their money on the financing aspect, because they seem to be much less concerned about making a sale once you tell them you're not interested in their financing.  Someone mentioned going after hours... we happened to be in town a few fridays ago and it was a little after 8:30, I thought, good time to look at some trucks... nope, lights were dimmed in the showroom but two were milling about and as I rounded the corner to the truck side of the lot there was a salesman perched on a golf cart ready to intercept me.  We buzzed right back out the other side.  That tells me they are hurting, have never seen them at dealers that late unless it was some type of advertised event.  I'm occasionally looking for new or a very slightly used F250, and as of last week, on any of the "big 3" lots, there wasn't a single new or used Ford truck above a 1/2 ton.  Tons of 1/2 tons of all makes all over town, but zero 3/4 or 1 ton Fords, and I believe I only saw 2 2500 GM's.  Never seen that before. 

I don't know if they're still doing it, but 3 or 4 years ago there was a dealer in southern IN that advertised their sales lot as zero pressure, you drove in, pulled an ipad out of a kiosk, and you scanned a QR code on the windshield of the vehicle you are interested in and it would pull up all the information they had on it like a virtual salesperson.  (Probably more knowledgeable than most of them too).  If you got serious about a vehicle, you clicked a box on the iPad and a salesperson would come directly to that vehicle.  Pretty good approach if you ask me, but not everybody is me obviously. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)