AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Timer App for Loading Grain Trucks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/29/2020 01:39 (#8402182 - in reply to #8401229)
Subject: RE: Timer App for Loading Grain Trucks?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We use a scale on the grain cart. Our record keeping is very basic, paper and pen. The cart driver records each fill in a notebook. I make a spreadsheet of each field when I have time. This is mostly for readability and includes totals and averages. I realize that some scales can save or transfer the totals to another device but writing the values down is more to our liking.

I do use and like a free app on my phone that I got somewhere (Agri-logic ?) for calculating shrink on various grains. You choose the grain type and the selling moisture level, then enter either wet pounds or wet bushels and the harvest moisture. The app gives the expected dry pounds, bushels, % shrink etc. It can save these entries although I've never explored that. I guess that might be an alternative to our pen and paper method.

I still like the pen and paper approach. I do use the app to convert the wet moisture weight in corn to dry weight on the spreadsheets. I use the spreadsheet to make a weighted average of the moisture, then hand enter that into the phone app and type in the average "dry" yield for each field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)