AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Timer App for Loading Grain Trucks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/28/2020 07:36 (#8400535 - in reply to #8399641)
Subject: RE: Timer App for Loading Grain Trucks?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I use "time" myself for loading my Grain truck at our bin site but in a very crude sense with no special app. I haul with a tri-axle straight truck. I pull under the auger and fill the back first then progressively back up as the load fills. I pull under, start the augers, check the time on my phone and wait. When 10 minutes has passed I move the truck backwards.

We plant with a Deere CCS planter that is filled in the yard with a conveyor out of my shop. Due to the size and closeness of our fields, this works well to fill with seed in the yard. It is easier to fold up the planter and return to the yard rather than drag the seed, fertilizer and spray to the field. Most fields can be planted with one planter fill of seed. The conveyor is filled from Pro Boxes and sometimes it is desirable to split a box between the two CCS hoppers. We have a divertor on the conveyor so we can just use its flipper to direct seed to one hopper or the other without moving.

If we wish to split the incoming seed evenly between the two hoppers, my great nephew stands by the hoppers and uses the stop watch feature of his phone to run seed into one hopper for a set period of time and then the other. By flipping back/forth each minute, each hopper receives approximately the same amount of seed.

Edited by tedbear 7/28/2020 07:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)