AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is hygard suitable to use in IH combines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 7/10/2020 09:52 (#8365082 - in reply to #8364816)
Subject: RE: Is hygard suitable to use in IH combines?

JD 9400 - 7/10/2020 07:25

Hygard and Hytran work differently in relation to water in the Hyd system, IIRC. One absorbs moisture, and the other one repels moisture........ Correct???

LOL[/QUOTE

That was what a longtime CIH service manager told me several years ago. I was in the opposite position of the OP, had all CIH equipment & bought a JD tractor. Being had bulk oil I asked him & the local JD service manager about using Hytran in the Deere. Both recommended not to because of the difference in water characteristic. Both said didnt matter what brand of engine oil as long as it met specs, but use oem hyd oil. At the time Viscosity was make oils for both companies plus other equipment companies.

Along about the same time period I attended a meeting where the president of Viscosity spoke., He said that they made boils for several different equipment companies & even though an oil may meet certain specs each company has certain additives that is specific to their requirements.

I decided for the price of oil vs the possible cost of repairs it didnt cost that much to have on hand the correct okl. I often see someone point out cross contamination when using different pieces of equipment on different brands of oil. Considering the small amount of oil in a hyd hose compared to the number of gallons capacity of a lot of today's tractors it is a very small percentage of contamination. Maybe we are different than most but normally implements dont get switched between tractors very often, or at all. Also, in the OP's scenario, he's talking about a dedicated system where there would be chance of cross contamination as well as looking at running 100% wrong oil.

JM2cts

Edited by boog 7/10/2020 10:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)