AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tillage advise on late season corn / construction site
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 7/10/2020 17:56 (#8365777 - in reply to #8364483)
Subject: RE: Tillage advise on late season corn / construction site

South Central MN
paul the original - 7/9/2020 23:02

I’d prefer a heavy disk if you’re drier, and follow with a field cultivator, but I don’t own one either so I bet I would use my twisted soil saver too....

Saw two pea fields taken out this week, one had a 4wd standing by and used often to pull stuck things out of the terrible mud and standing water in the field, the other was a tiny bit lighter ground and they got mudded through.

Both were worked with heavy shank machines, field cultivated and harrowed, and planted, one to beans other I’m not sure what but I saw the drill last evening.

Paul

I saw one field around that area that someone was working up, surprised it even worked... Now go further up towards central MN with the sandy soil and one outfit I know of would run a disc ripper and chase that with the field cultivator, and have a planter chasing the cultivator. That dirt up there doesn't slab as easily though.

The one canning plant I work at has a couple crews of tracked pea combines, those will float over stuff the wheeled ones sink to the frame in. Those machines aren't light, they weigh 30-32 tons.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)