AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insurance releasing dryland corn acres in SW Ks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 7/8/2020 19:18 (#8362021 - in reply to #8361896)
Subject: RE: Insurance releasing dryland corn acres in SW Ks

Far NW KS mid to late May and even pretty early June planted dryland corn looks pretty decent right now. It stresses in the afternoon but it keeps moving forward. It’s getting big enough that it is using some moisture and it’s likely to be in pretty rough shape in 2 weeks without significant rains.

Corn that was planted later than June 5th has not rooted down enough to handle this very well. Not sure if it’s in better shape or worse shape than the earlier planted stuff. Doesn’t need as much moisture right not but it can’t access as much as it needs so I’m just not sure. Will know more in a week to 10 days.

Haven’t seen much dryland corn that was planted significantly earlier than May 15th but I suspect that will be running out of moisture quite soon. Could be wrong though.

I think the irrigated will make it through the next two weeks but if we have a month of this it will be pretty tough to keep up on water.

I have some dryland sunflowers for the first time ever this year and they don’t even seem to notice it’s hot and dry. Looks way better than the corn across the road.

Edited by dpilot83 7/8/2020 19:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)