AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 7/2/2020 08:12 (#8349248 - in reply to #8348866)
Subject: RE: Question!

Southern MN
In our area of the Midwest I believe we are sitting on the biggest crop we ever have had. We were hit by heavy rains last two years, severe wind did a lot of damage last year. A nice dry spring made for the nicest stand we have had in a long time. Every hole got planted and the ones that drowned out have all been replanted and look good. High temps and high humidity the corn loves it. So much humidity overnight windows had water running off of them all night, just like a rain. We have chances of rain all the way through the ten day. Talked to a gentleman last week that travels all through northern IA, S MN, E Sdak and he said the crop Looks fabulous. In this area of the world if we have this good of corn at this time of year our crop is 80-90% made, I believe I have heard the 75? Drought destroyed the crop after July 4, but our profile is full, hybrids are a lot better and in my 40 years experience the crop should be made. Of course anything is possible and I feel for you guys experiencing drought but a fairly large area that produces a lot of corn is set up to blow away our county averages, and a lot of these counties have had well below average with a lot of PP in past years. Just want to put the other side out there because backyarditis is an easy thing to be stricken with. It will take some severe weather issues to bring this crop down to 200 bushels much less below it.
Also I am guessing there will be a lot of fungicide put on here. At present I don’t think there will be much crop insurance harvested here, even at $3 fall price.

Edited by Jrditchdigger 7/2/2020 09:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)