AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pellet smoker
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Cole Trickle
Posted 6/22/2020 20:20 (#8330202 - in reply to #8328516)
Subject: RE: Pellet smoker

I went from an electric smoker to pit boss pellet to Gravity charcoal smoker.

Very disappointed in the pellets. I've tried every brand, had a smoke tube also. Just couldn't get the smoke taste i wanted. Most people that love their traeger talk about doing burgers, steaks, etc. Basically things that aren't in their very long and are more grilling than smoking. Pit boss could get up to 500 to sear a steak but it was more a novelty than anything. Electric smoker had a better taste.

Now i have a Masterbuilt Gravity 560. This thing is amazing. Its basically a pellet grill that uses charcoal instead of pellets. Mix some wood chunks in with the charcoal. Some people run it on straight wood. Temp control is rock solid and this thing can get up to 700 and it does it very fast. Best burgers ive ever had are on this thing, reverse seared. Its about as close to a stick burner as you could get, but with automated control. When your done it chokes off the air so you don't waste any charcoal.

Picked up a blackstone this week also. I don't think we really have any use for our weber gas grill anymore.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)