AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

George Floyd mural
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/3/2020 11:20 (#8295673 - in reply to #8295066)
Subject: RE: George Floyd mural

southern MN
I didn’t comment on your message because it is difficult for me to not see the bigger picture, I understood what your angle was and wanted to let that be.

Perhaps the most important symbol in your picture is the crack in the pavement leading up to the pic.

The painting part of your picture is honoring a person who wrote bad checks and was on meth. I really struggle to put value in that.

Was it painted with paint stolen from the burned out auto parts store?

Was it painted on private property, graffiti?

The picture represents a lot of hate to me. They say art is to be interpreted by the viewer, and that is what I see, I shouldn’t be wrong if the rules of art are true?

There are deep race issues. People on both sides act badly. I wish we could fix that. I don’t understand why people even feel that way. But, it seems, neither side even wants to fix it?

I don’t view 1000 angry people marching on an interstate for days as ‘peacefully protesting.’

I don’t know if that painting in your picture was made by white folks or black folks, I don’t care. I saw more white folk marching on the interstates and lots of white folk roaming the streets burning and looting. It is not a color issue to me.

It is a big crack in the pavement, and I don’t even understand why it is there.

But watching the past week, it is much wider, and I see much more hate being promoted. And I sure don’t see anyone wanting it improved. They just want hate spread.

If we want a better world, why are we idolizing people on meth, and people causing chaos, and people defacing private property?

To me that is a step, well a mad rush, backwards, and not something to promote or rejoice in or encourage. Or paint.

I don’t want semis running down everyone on the roads, I don’t want federal troops gunning down everyone roaming the streets. The idea of tankers spraying pig poo is a bit of comic relief in a terrible situation, forgive me for wishing for that to come true.... I would actually be for that.

I want people to work, I want people to avoid drugs, I want fathers to care for their families, I want people to get along, I want bad people to be trained or forced to stop treating other people badly. I want bad neighborhoods to stop being bad places I don’t give a damn what color any of the people are or what position they hold in society.

Nothing I’ve seen in the past week speaks to that.

Nothing I’ve seen makes race relations better or wants to even try.

That picture represents hatred and drugs and bad people to me. I don’t hate the individual in the painting and I don’t think he deserved what he got, but the bigger picture of what that painting in that location symbolizes is all, entirely, totally wrong, evil, bad to me.

I find the circumstances of the picture hateful and mean. To me it represents people in that area wanting things to get worse, not better. It represents all the bad issues that got us to this place. Drugs, lawlessness, hate, stealing, no concern for fellow man.

At no point do I give a damn what color anyone is. It’s what’s inside their head that bothers me.

If this derails your thread or thoughts, i at least waited a day to post.

Paul

Edited by paul the original 6/3/2020 11:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)