AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Barbecue sauce
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/13/2020 08:22 (#8253138 - in reply to #8252823)
Subject: RE: Barbecue sauce

Pittsburg, Kansas

According to Dr Ken Berry the agave nectar kind of falls into the same category as honey........ = sugar.

From my perspective it boils down to just how low carb a person wants to be (<100 is easy, <20 is harder) and how it affects their cravings for more sweet taste. For my wife and I we just try to avoid all sweet tastes, be it natural or artificial. I'm afraid it makes us crave more. More of that product and more sweet stuff in general. But that is an individual decision. If it makes a person hunger for more sweets it is probably not a good thing. If that is not a problem and weight and health goals are being met, then I say no problem.

Lots and lots of people eat excess sugar. If a person can cut that down to a small comparable percentage then that is a big improvement in my opinion.

I probably get most of my sugar in processed meat like salami that I have for an apetizer most days and cottage cheese which even full fat cottage cheese has 4 grams sugar in a half cup serving.

A person just has to keep it all in perspective of what their goals are and how a specific food affects them. There are not, or at least should not be, any "Low Carb Police" to say a person is doing it wrong or right. It boils down to what works for a person. It is not a religion. It is a way of eating.

To meet our goals wife and I have to stay pretty strict and we are willing and able to do that. Other people may be able to meet their goals by not having to be so strict.

John

Edited by John Burns 5/13/2020 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)