AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying corners with automatic boom swath control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cbSCNE
Posted 3/25/2009 09:53 (#656023 - in reply to #655935)
Subject: RE: What about using Raven as rate controller

South central, Nebraska
Brandon,

I use the ez guide 500 as my rate controller. It replaced the raven 460. I don't think it matters in this case either way. The ez boom is doing boom control and the controllers are doing rate control.

I believe the problem is caused by the backing into a corner. The GPS source and ez boom "thinks" the front of the machine is the now back at this point. When you begin driving out of the corner, the screen direction does a 180 rotation. I assume this is confusing to the ez boom and may think the booms are rotating through a previously sprayed area?

I have the original foot switch in my rogator tied into the master switch on the ez boom. This really helps manage corner application. After backing into the corner and stopping, I then place the RATE switch to manual. I believe doing this at a standstill and MASTER off disables auto section control. Then I hit the floor switch (MASTER) and begin driving forward. It doesn't take long after moving forward out of the corner that I can toggle the rate up to 1 or 2 and auto section control in back on as normal.

This sequence takes a little bit to get the hang of but the foot switch makes it a whole lot easier.

Both raven and ez guide 500 have the minimum flow function but that doesn't really effect the boom section control sequence.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)