AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many of you guys cutting some corn acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Simocattle
Posted 4/8/2020 10:52 (#8173554 - in reply to #8173326)
Subject: RE: How many of you guys cutting some corn acres

Central SD
white shadow - 4/8/2020 08:51

Mark, have you guys figured out where the water is coming from ? ? No real meaningful storms here for weeks and the water keeps coming up and every little valley is running hard. I personally, believe water attracts water and the Missouri River damn water has found its way into the James River Valley. The old timers just shake their heads in disbelief of the water issues. The heat yesterday (if 67 degrees is heat) sure was nice. We need heat and lots of it to have a chance.

I don’t necessarily believe that. We are 30 mikes East of the Missouri and it is actually drier going west vs going East. I think everything is just so saturated that there is nowhere for it to go. I don’t know for fact though. We have water that drains into both Missouri and James river systems it just depends on what side of farm you are. We are at record levels and it’s getting worse not better. I get envious when I see pictures of dry ground. Farming here thus spring is just a pipe dream. If it rains we will need tracks on bale processor to feed cows. I guessing pasture turnout could be a lot sooner than we realize. There might not be any other options at some point.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)