AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Intermittent fasting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

roush9799
Posted 4/9/2020 20:26 (#8177067 - in reply to #8171627)
Subject: RE: Intermittent fasting

West Central IL

It was always ingrained growing up that I had to eat 3 meals a day, breakfast was more important, and grazing all day with small meals was the best.  I find if I skip breakfast, it's even easier to skip lunch.  Then I'll eat supper, but not really hungry.  If I eat breakfast, then I'm starving by lunch time, then I find myself overeating at lunch and then repeat the same at supper.  I'm about 4-5 lbs above my ideal weight now.  For me it worked best doing the intermittent fasting along with the low carb.  I lost a lot of weight fast.  Scary fast.  Was worried that I'd put it back on just as fast, or that it would be hard to maintain, but really it's not.  If I catch myself over eating at a meal, or eating a lot of carbs, eat the next meal with no carbs to get full, then skip the next meal to make up for the overeating/carb meal.  The biggest thing I like about intermittent fasting is that it's very flexible.  I've never done a fast for more than 24 hours.  Actually yesterday I didn't eat breakfast, ended up in the fields without my lunch so it was back to supper before I ate, still wasn't that hungry.  I always thought I'd starve or would pass out from not eating a meal.  Now it doesn't bother me to miss anymore. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)