AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The mental tolls are happening
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DRester
Posted 4/5/2020 14:25 (#8167138 - in reply to #8166891)
Subject: RE: The mental tolls are happening

Franklinton, LA
I appreciate your making this post. I believe you have a niece who is a nurse in the Twin Cities area. How is she doing?

I have been participating in hurricanes for over 70 years. I spent about 10 days on active duty with the MS National Guard when Camile hit the MS Gulf Coast in August 1969. We went 16 days without electricity when Katrina visited in August 2005. This is a lot like a hurricane except you still have electricity and you don't have any debris to clean up.

It is very common for people to develop physical and mental problems 2 or 3 weeks after a hurricane. I think checking on your friends and keeping in contact is very important. Today we prepared lunch and carried it to a very good next door neighbor. I figured they were ready for something different. It is also important to talk to young children and assure them that they are loved and will be taken care of. Even very young children know something is wrong but they don't understand what is happening. My son and his family live in Ocean Springs, MS. My grandson was 2 1/2 when Katrina hit the MS Gulf Coast. He knew something was wrong and he was telling people that the wind broke his daycare.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)