AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gardens on the rise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MNfarmer85
Posted 4/4/2020 00:43 (#8162691 - in reply to #8161311)
Subject: RE: Gardens on the rise

South Central MN
Since this will be our first summer living at the farm house instead of town I brought various seeds for the garden, glad I did that end of January/early February now! A lot of places I ordered from are no longer taking new orders or if they are stuff won't ship for a month or more. We used to have a large garden, or should say my parents did. Was hard to tend to when living 10 minutes away and working long hours almost every day of the summer however.
Also was planning on selling produce stuff on the side, might actually make it easier to do so now. (Already had been considering a way to have people pick stuff up when neither of us could be out helping them, just happens to be this virus stuff gave that an even stronger nudge.)

For someone living just a mile out of town on a small operation I would say you would have to be a fool to pass this up, already had been looking like people were going to be buying more local in the future but recent events have really shoved that movement along.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)