AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Schools Shut Down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Newguy
Posted 4/1/2020 19:56 (#8157078 - in reply to #8156597)
Subject: RE: Schools Shut Down

Renville Minnesota
I don’t know any adults who’ve been home schooled.

I can name great men and women along with social misfits, mass murderers, rapists, and Pedophiles who all have been educated socially by our “great” educational system.

It seems there are about ten different paths we humans learn. The public and private institutions go down a few paths for the general herd. The top get slowed by the bottom. The bottom get left behind. It’s the best we got, which after this, will get better.

I identify %100 with Winston Churchill.

Albert Einstein

It is, in fact, nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of education have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to wrack and ruin without fail. It is a very grave mistake to think that the enjoyment of seeing and searching can be promoted by means of coercion and a sense of duty.

One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.

Mark Twain

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Soap and education are not as sudden as a massacre, but they are more deadly in the long run.

Education consists mainly in what we have unlearned.
In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made school boards.

Winston Churchill

How I hated schools, and what a life of anxiety I lived there. I counted the hours to the end of every term, when I should return home.
I always like to learn, but I don't always like to be taught.

Dolly Parton

I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids.

Thomas Edison

I remember that I was never able to get along at school. I was at the foot of the class.

Benjamin Franklin

He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)