AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We are seeing classic market behavior
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 3/21/2020 12:40 (#8125684 - in reply to #8125607)
Subject: RE: beans, beans the musical...............

Thanks. Gave me a smile. I liked the gal in the video, and I'll watch the rest of it later.

Armstrong has quite the history. I've learned over many years to be cautious about anything anyone is telling me about markets. This is not the case with Armstrong, at least in my experience. My claim to fame, I guess, is that I told him how the banks put in the tops and bottoms of ag markets, and he used that a year or so later to explain real estate in his newsletter. (G). Anyway, his blog has been very interesting reading. IMHO, he is the closest source I know of for getting a look behind the curtain. As I said, Europe is discussed. How would we think the people who created this mess might seek to avoid the blame? In history, it often is a war, from what I've read. This Wuhan virus does appear to be a godsend, doesn't it? Of course, we are just wondering, as I said Armstrong clearly says that he is too. We, in this country, don't have the immediate crisis that Europe has, but the 30s depression came from Europe too. Our (unsolvable) problems are things like pensions, social security, medicare and medicaid, health care - any number of things where the math just doesn't add up to anything but a crisis.

I did enjoy the video about her comments on beans, cows, and vegans. She has a nice sense of humor. Interestingly, on beans, when we soak them and rinse them and then bring them to a rolling boil and rinse again at least three or four times, the gas production is pretty much minimal. I used to feel guilty about eating them because of the bacon (side pork) fat. Now I feel guilty because of the beans. I guess feeling guilty is a human condition.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)