AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We are seeing classic market behavior
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

cfdr
Posted 3/21/2020 12:52 (#8125709 - in reply to #8125647)
Subject: RE: slipery slope

I was talking about pretty much all of the posts from the last few days. Like I said, I've never seen him as an alarmist, or I've never felt the need to put on the tin-foil hat with him. As far as the markets, what he says about the stock markets and the bond markets is really interesting. So far, with the bonds stalling - along with gold not going to the moon (at least not yet), while the stock market collapses - this is very worrisome. They are desperate to maintain control of interest rates - as evidenced by actions in the REPO market. Rising interest rates and it's kind of like lowering the curtain, isn't it? The Fed is the only thing standing it the way, it seems - and their footing seems shaky.

Anyway - his posts over the last few days are at the very least thought-provoking. Having been in the cattle market for well over four decades, I can see that this is the result of years and years of bad decisions by the academics and politicians. Even when you expect something major, you have to sit back and just say - WOW. IMHO, the response to the virus is going to be much worse and long lasting than the virus.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)