AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking about a track skid loader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NDCat99
Posted 3/23/2020 15:00 (#8132348 - in reply to #8125353)
Subject: RE: Thinking about a track skid loader

E ND
CTL's with bar tread tracks work pretty well in the snow actually. Your concerns with freeze-up are valid, best advice is to leave a shovel where you usually "exit" your muddy yards, shovel the big chunks out then run it on harder/dryer ground in two speed in forward and reverse. That will help significantly. IF you can't do that because the mud is right up to the shed? Better clean them well. Make sure you don't park on soft ground that may freeze overnight.

The bar/cleat style steel over the tire tracks do way better in mud than you'd think as long as there's a bottom to bite into and the machine doesn't get hung up. The flat pad style work better for a bit of flotation and traction in more solid ground but don't float like a real rubber track. Don't mess with over the tire rubber tracks, huge hassle.

Cat 259B3 or 259D would be great, if you want any specific advice on those models let me know. Sounds like you know who to contact to get set up with one down there, if not shoot me an email and I'll help you get connected.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)