AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sick of Being Sick
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 2/16/2020 20:11 (#8046328)
Subject: Sick of Being Sick

Texas
Well, I am sick again. :(

If you have read my previous posts, skip to the next paragraph. If not, or if you want a refresher; here is the backstory: A handful of days into January, I started feeling sick. After trying unsuccessfully to fight it at home for several days, I went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with Strep Throat and given a shot. I had gotten so run down that it took me several weeks to recover. By the start of last week, I was very close to being normal again. Now for the current update.

Nearing this weekend, my sore throat returned. Fearing that my Strep Throat was returning, I went to the doctor. The Strep Test came back negative, so I have recovered from that, but now I have a sinus infection. I am so sick of being sick!

The doctor prescribed me 7 days of antibiotics, but also gave me a list of OTC medicines that might work if I wanted to avoid using antibiotics. The OTC option had drowsiness as a side effect. Since I have been sick for about half of 2020-to-date, I have fallen very behind on work. That has caught up with me and is creating some issues. I appreciated the alternative option, but I need this knocked out ASAP, not played with. I decided to fill my antibiotic prescription.

Currently 2 days into my pills. Feeling marginally better, but a box of tissues is still my near constant companion. I so desperately want my health back!

Trying to find some positives in this, and I have come up with a few. The sinus infection has not drained me near as severely as the Strep Throat did, so I am still somewhat functional. Interestingly, my weight did not drop with the Strep Throat, but I am down about 2 pounds with the sinus infection. Reeseā€™s Peanut Butter Cups are lasting in the freezer for more than 2 days.

My goal of the week is to get caught up on all of my non-travel work. That goal is definitely lofty, but at least I am aiming for something.

Picture: My sorta cute pills. (See, I am trying to think positive thoughts.)

(fullsizeoutput_1409 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fullsizeoutput_1409 (full).jpeg (100KB - 261 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)