AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 12/23/2019 16:57 (#7926197 - in reply to #7921655)
Subject: RE: New computer

Elmira, Ontario

dko_scOH - 12/21/2019 10:39

.... I like Dropbox better than OneDrive, which wants to keep the only copy of a document in the cloud and not just sync a common folder on multiple machines...but that's possibly an acquired preference....

OneDrive offers several options. I think it defaults to wanting save space on the local computer. So it only keeps stuff on the hard drive that you are actually accessing.

I have one computer set to always have off line copies of everything on OneDrive. That's my main personal laptop. On rare occasions that I remember, I can do a full backup to a local backup drive.

Another computer which is used for work, I have it set to only have access to certain folders, and just basically only have the files on the cloud.

Then there is also the watched folder concept where it monitors and backs up some local document and picture folders. For those people who aren't used to monitoring where they save files to, this is probably the best option. I haven't really poked at it thoroughly.

I guess I learned Dropbox after OneDrive. I can't get along with Dropbox as well. Probably just uses slightly different terms. Or, it was because I only used it when someone shared something with me.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)