AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Johnienhuis
Posted 12/22/2019 19:02 (#7924468 - in reply to #7921609)
Subject: RE: New computer

Red River Valley and Devils Lake Basin
Dublin - 12/21/2019 09:19

Hi guys:
Just got a new computer to update to Windows 10.
You get the free McAfee security for 30 days. Do I need this now with Windows 10? I heard Microsoft has lots of security with the new operating system.
Also you get the Office suite of products, it looks like the majority of you guys likes the Windows 365 for 99.00 a year. Is that correct? I do have two computers and might have a third in the works.
What are you guys doing to protect your identity, I heard with electronic signatures people can get mortgages on your home and various other things like health care. My friend has lifelock which just added title watch and other activities included for same price as before. I have heard some negative reviews on Lifelock, especially when you try to cancel subscription. Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas.
d

The For computer security, the best thing is to not be going on the internet where you will likely get a virus. A lot of the time this is hard to tell so I think the best coarse of action even before virus protection software is to get a DNS (domain name service) setup. Basically it is the middle man between you and the internet. It will take what you are asking for and filter out different things like known malicious sites or adult continent depending on how you set it up. I use OpenDNS. But google and several other companies provide them. They are pretty easy to set up.

As for Microsoft office, depending on what you are doing, you can creat a free account and use all of there software in an online format. The deal is you need to upload or download any of the files you either want on your local computer, or you already have on your computer and want to edit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)