AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 12/21/2019 09:39 (#7921655 - in reply to #7921609)
Subject: RE: New computer

39.48, -82.98

I picked up a new laptop this past summer. Win 10, with the McAfee option...which I immediately uninstalled. At one time, McAfee was as good as any at antivirus but they have lost some reputation over the last several years. I am using Microsoft's Defender, instead. Very lightweight and unobtrusive, it's made to work with Win 10 and seems to do a good job. I did add Malwarebytes, for rootkit protection...though it's never caught anything and was probably unneeded. (You can periodically use the free Malwarebytes checkup, instead.)

So far, Office 365 works great and I have very few complaints. Kaspersky keeps telling me it can't vouch for the cloud connection, for example, but Norton has no problem with it. I like Dropbox better than OneDrive, which wants to keep the only copy of a document in the cloud and not just sync a common folder on multiple machines...but that's possibly an acquired preference.

This is also the first computer I have bought with SSD, which will spoil a fellow. I think everything from now on is going to have to be SSD -- or whatever is faster in the future.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)