AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nasa Fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

thowle
Posted 6/23/2019 14:33 (#7577017 - in reply to #7576865)
Subject: RE: Nasa Fertilizer

West Kentucky
scsprayer - 6/23/2019 13:09

I'm doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. I like the fact that I can apply it on my operation instead of the co-op guy who loves cutting ruts and the entire plan minus the nitrogen will be low salt load, and it will be slightly cheaper than my dry program.

We're giving him a shot on some soybean land and doing check strips to see if it brings anything to the table. Also, thanks to all the comdeians for not taking this post seriously, and a real thank you to the ones that answered with good intentions

When are you expecting your first batch to be applied? Also, is Chris making a blend specific to you, or are you ordering individual products to blend yourself? Really interested to see how this turns out.

The other comment about them usually not doing test plots -- I would have to agree with that. They were super fast to respond when I first inquired, and once they figured out it was for a very small test plot, they literally went completely unresponsive until I and another guy kept persisting. However, to the contrary, when speaking with Chris he was conservative on my yield goals and land expansion -- which seems counter-intuitive if his only goal is to sell a lot of "snake oil" fertilizer.

I'm extremely skeptical, at best. However, for whatever reasons, I seem to have more faith in the AgroLiquid chemicals and what they are saying. After talking to them, they are very clear that their product is purely to foliar "spoon feed" nutrients into the plant; unlike NASA -- they are claiming a split foliar feed and soil amendment to actually build soil health.

Regardless, whatever blend Chris sends, the first thing that I am doing is sending samples off to a lab for a fertilizer analysis.

To say that the local university agronomists and extension agents are against it is a major understatement.

Edited by thowle 6/23/2019 14:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)