AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nasa Fertilizer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

thowle
Posted 6/24/2019 20:17 (#7579818 - in reply to #7577017)
Subject: RE: Nasa Fertilizer

West Kentucky

Okay, this keeps getting deeper... anyone with a more solid explanation, please enlighten me...

Talking to a custom applicator for NASA, who Chris refers to as someone who has been working and selling for them for a long time. He sent me soil samples, taken approx. 1 year apart by another applicator for NASA.

These soil samples showed vast improvement in soil fertility, most notably, a 2,300 lb/ac increase in calcium.

I questioned this and asked how much product the applicator applied, to which he replied with...

I would guess only 1 gallon of production, 3 to 5 of soy corn, 1/2 gal of boost 51, 1/2 RM15, and then a 1 gallon application of NASA-CAL plus

That at most would be 8 gallons of concentrated solution, right?

I point this out, and the justification is that the analysis is based on liquid being mixed with 24 gallons of water, then taking the percentages...

Either my understanding of fertility, possibilities, and fertilizer analysis is totally wrong (if so, by ALL means, point it out) ... or something fishy is going on here.

Open the attached image and zoom in to see the whole conversation. I'm on mobile, so I can't copy/paste the conversation other than a screenshot.

[UPDATE] A copy/paste of the text of is below;

MON 6:08 PM

Me: do you know if he has any before/after soil or tissue samples from farmers who have had success?  he doesn't seem much interested in talking about those responses.. not sure if you had any comments to what they said.

Mark: Yes. I'll see if I can find the soil test.  Yeah he's swamped and trying to get fertilizer all over the country.  I'm having to take what I have left to AR and IL this week since we can't get in the field anyway

MON 7:19 PM

Mark: There were just from a hay field I had consulted on for them last year.

Me: Will Jennings. He's an applicator isn't he?

Me: That increase was from Cal Plus?

Me: 2,300+ lbs/acre difference in Ca

Me: That's a lottttt of liquid, how much did he put down lol

Mark: It was fert and lime. Yeah I think he does application for them.  Chris had sent me the samples to look at. I don't think they were on will's ground. It's been to long ago.

Me: I'm anxious how much produce he applied to see that big of a difference

Mark: I don't remember but I'm thinking just 1 application of each.

Me: That is a boat load of calcium

Mark: There is calcium in both the fertilizer and the lime. With the time line he couldn't have run more than an application of each I wouldn't think

Me: I wonder how many solution gallons that would equal for one application of each, per acre?

Mark: I would guess only 1 gallon of production, 3 to 5 of soy corn, 1/2 gal of boost 51, 1/2 RM15, and then a 1 gallon application of NASA-CAL plus

Me: My math must be totally wrong... The soil test isn't using "liquid math"... If he only applied 8 gallons of NASA liquid, even at a weight of 10/gal, that doesn't even account for the more than 1 ton addition of calcium in the soil? I've got to be missing something obvious...

Me: I've been trying to find the calculation Chris sent to me from before but can't find it. I'll see if I can get him to resend it to me.

Mark: Okay, thanks.  Surely Will or the consumer applied something else... Because that just doesn't add up

Mark: I wanted to share caculation on pounds per acre equivalency. 

Mark: Example: 1 gal of 0-6-30 Crop MAXXX Super Concentrated mixed with 25 gals water. Equals around 212.85 pounds of 0-6-30 per acre. Water weighs approx 8.34 pounds per gallon then the Crop MAXXX weighs 12.69 pounds per gallon. Take 8.34 pound per gal of water x 24 gals= 200.16. Then add the 1 gal of Crop MAXXX at 12.69 pounds. Equals appro 212.85. Then if we are adding RM15 or Grow Pro Plus add the weight on the amount added.

Me: I'm not positive that's right? The water adds weight to the solution tank, yes, but it doesn't add to the solution or nutrient concentration.

Mark: You would take the 212.85lbs x .06 = would give you 12.771lbs of P

Mark: 212.85 x .30 =63.855

Me: That is literally creating nutrients out if thin air doing the math that way

Me: I can see somehow that an equivalency could be done like that in plant uptake, perhaps, but certainly not raw nutrients

Mark: The guaranteed analysis is calculated based on being mixed with 24 gallons of water is how liquid has always been my understanding.

Me: Hmmm.... that sounds odd

Me: It can never be more concentrated than it is before it's mixed with water

Me: If anything, those ratios would go down 

Mark: I understand what you are saying.

Edited by thowle 6/25/2019 07:09

(Screenshot_20190624-201816_Chrome (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20190624-201816_Chrome (full).jpg (95KB - 28 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)